Reviewing Approved Expenses
As a Finance Manager, all "Reviewed" status expenses have been approved by Managers and are ready to post to the GL.
1. Log into the CenterCard web app and click on the "Expense Hub" link in the top navigation.
2. Select the "Reviewed" filter from the Expenses filter box located below the search bar.
3. Review these expenses, as they have been approved by the spender's Manager/Approver.
4. Once ready to post to GL, use the bulk action selector (left column) to select all "Reviewed" expenses then click on the "Ready to Post" button. The status on all of the expenses will change to "Archived".
5. Select the "Archived" filter from the filter below the search bar. You will see all expenses that are now "Ready to Post."
Posting to GL
To post expenses to your GL, you will be using the 'Export' function/button seen in Expense Hub. All expenses are included in the export: unsubmitted, submitted, approved, and archived expenses. This allows you to account for all spend in real-time, without needing to wait for spenders to submit and managers to approve.
1. To post to GL, click on the "Export" button in the upper right navigation.
2. Select the desired date range and click on "Export as CSV" button. Your csv file will be downloaded and available to import into your financial system.
Center Support can help map Center exports into differing ERP systems, please contact email@example.com for help.
Posting to GL: Change Reports
To empower real-time posting to GL without waiting for all expenses to get to the 'Archived' state, Center produces change reports. If an expense attribute changes (Cost Center, Expense Type, or expense is moved to 'Personal') after you have posted to your GL, Center provides a "Change Report" to address any re-allocated spend and enables you to make adjusting entries. To locate the Change Report, click into the 'Reports' page via the 'Reports' button to the left of the export button.
In the 'Reports' page, you will see a list of your historical exports detailed with export name, date of export, and date range of the export. Each export has the option to 'Delete' or 'Check for Changes' - click on the 'Check for Changes' button to access the change report for that export, and make the adjusting entries as appropriate.
Each change report will list expenses that have been adjusted, and detail the change that was made.
- For example, an export was created to close the books for January which included unsibmitted expenses. In February, one of those unsubmitted expenses changed Cost Center from Sales to Marketing and that expense needs to be changed so that the Sales budget isn't affected by a Marketing expense. Navigate to 'Reports' and click on 'Check for changes' next to the January export - a Change Report will be produced and any changes will be highlighted for your adjusting entries.